EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle help. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   darn it all... Cut copy paste and save broke (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15564)

Wonderbiff 10-23-2004 09:51 PM

darn it all... Cut copy and paste broke

I can't seem to cut copy or paste. Anyone know how to fix this?

I can open objects and manipulate them on the screen just cant cut copy and paste...

TIA
Biff

axeion 10-26-2004 09:59 PM

Never had any luck with it either , i use sidlwidl as a placement tool only , might rework some true or false stuff in it but alwasy have to go over it an make sure it dont make it a capital T in true or capital F in false ( which screw over the codeing) .

try notepad++ thats what i use to cut an past with.

lcalabrese 03-13-2005 12:57 AM

As far as I've seen, you can't cut, copy, paste, or use the delete key in the XML window.

As far as the post title "save broke", I've noticed that clicking save in the XML window doesn't save the file to disk, just commits it to memory (if you don't click it, changes are lost if you select a different object). You still have to save the skin from the file menu to see the changes in the xml file.

Also, if you're not editing too many files, you can always do your edits in sidlwidl and then open them up in notepad after and find&replace all "True" with "true" and "False" with "false". Or you can write a nice quick sed script to run after you do edits to update all xml files for you.

Teneniel 03-13-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcalabrese
Or you can write a nice quick sed script to run after you do edits to update all xml files for you.

Can you show me how to do this? Would make my life much simpler. I often forget to open each window i tweak after using sidlwidl to remove the caps from the true/false items

lcalabrese 03-14-2005 08:24 AM

A script to make your lives easier

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, it's a little screwy because of some restrictions on the DOS/Windows platform, but here it is. Note that you will need the GnuWin32 Sed Package (or another sed package) installed on your system and in your search path environment variable (%PATH%) in order for this to work.

Place the attached two files into your custom UI directory. Run fixall.bat to update all xml files. It changes True->true and False->false.

fixall.bat contents:
Code:
for %%a in ("*.xml") do fixone.bat %%a

fixone.bat contents:
Code:
copy %* fixit.xml /Y sed -e "s/True/true/" -e "s/False/false/" fixit.xml >%* del fixit.xml /Q

Note: If you just want to fix one xml file, you can run fixone.bat <filename>.

Technical note: This script loops for all files named *.xml in the current directory, copies each in turn to a file called "fixit.xml", and pushes that file through sed back to the original file. Then it deletes the "fixit.xml" file it created.