EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Project Coffee (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10963)

Taleisin 11-03-2003 11:51 AM

Project Coffee

after a rather boring 4 hour raid I thought to myself.. I ought to make a UI that keeps you awake...

so here I am announcing "Project Coffee"
it will be a UI and forces you to think, it will be very distracting from the game itself, and now that I have figured out how to make colour changing gauges.. I will create colour changing backgrounds.. ~insert evil laugh here~

well I hope everyone is enjoying Lunix_Pro, I have a few updates on the way, but the biggest will be after the November 20th patch. ( patch date heard from dev on test, not sure if a solid date or not )

steppin 11-03-2003 12:19 PM

You'll need to make coffee mugs for player and group windows, and coffee POTS for inventory

and cream and sugar for cast spell and casting gauges

steppin

Taleisin 11-03-2003 12:54 PM

lol... thanks stepp.. you misunderstand though, it will have nothing to do with Coffee itself, but rather what the effect of coffee does to most people... I downloaded a fractle generator and am planing to use it to my some really psychedelic backgrounds and graphics. I'll include a screenshot of some of the mexx3 fractles.

hmm.. maybe I should call in 'Project Tripping'

Orpington2019 11-03-2003 01:07 PM

excited...

I am Really excited to see what you have in store for us...it definately sounds like you are breaking new ground...I can't wait...keep up the good work!

-Orp

Taleisin 11-03-2003 04:24 PM

I've decided since the playerwindow in Lunix_Pro is disabled due to redundancy with the gauges also being in the player( buffs ) window.. I shall put the Coffee project in the player window when I finish Service Pack1 of Lunix_Pro.. hope everyone thinks this is a good idea.. if not.. I will make a standalone version... but it will take longer to do a standalone rather than a plugin.

Tinkfu 11-04-2003 10:25 AM

sounds interesting, are you going to use patterns to stimulate the brain in the same way caffiene affects most people?

steppin 11-04-2003 11:26 AM

i told him he has to make one with COFFEE POTS and COFFEE mugs, and cream and sugar bowls for the gauges and windows
<grin> that way i NEVER have to leave my chair again to get my coffee when my cup runneth empty

steppin

t3t0ca19 11-04-2003 12:16 PM

Bust it out soon

Taleisin 11-04-2003 12:17 PM

I will.. if tomorrows patch is a UI changer I will have a update in 3 days for Lunix_Pro that will include the coffee plugin.

Orpington2019 11-04-2003 12:19 PM

WOOT!

can't wait!

-Orp

Trinethy 11-17-2003 03:22 AM

hmmmm....coffeeeee

Taleisin 11-17-2003 10:27 PM

just thought I would let everyone know it's going to take much longer than I first though to finish this project.
after I got the research on how the human brain reacts to colours and colour changes, I had to rework what I had allready built.

Taleisin 11-25-2003 12:58 AM

While no one looks forward to the end of good things, I like to get them out in the open and out of the way. just as a friendly warning :D
Lunix and all mods created by me will no longer be updated as of 4/20/04

however Coffee will be added before the UI is closed.

Taleisin 12-15-2003 10:41 AM

1/5/2k4

that is the day I am putting Coffee into Lunix, delay is due to having SOE take a look at the mod. The mod has a chance of causing epileptic seizures due to how the patterns and colours in the UI affect different parts of the human brain.

Kunis Marfury 12-16-2003 05:21 AM

looks like a mass destruction weapon you are building here :)