EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Request (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Need help making a minor tweak! (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113)

Baadan 07-27-2002 04:19 PM

Need help changing inventory slots in XML

This is what it looks like:

I LOOOOOVE it, but, how can I change the three equipment slots to what I want them to be? I would like to have Primary, Inventory Slot 1, and Inventory Slot 5 - anyone know how to do this?

Geddine 07-27-2002 09:24 PM

go into the XML file for it. Go to the section which desribes these 3 items and change their <EQType> to the numbers you need.

I'd give you the numbers and everything but I am at work and they are not anywhere near me. But I hope this helps.

Baadan 07-28-2002 12:18 AM

Is that it???
I found the three spots where i wanted to change, I cant remember exact|y what it said, but it was something |ike:

InventorySlot=Legs where the change was pretty obvious but I wasnt sure if that wou|d do it or not.

I'll check that and get back to you, thanks for the info.

guice 07-28-2002 01:10 AM

Baadan?! LOL

Do note, the Pet buttons are broke. Due to VI's wisdom to hard code values, the buttons have been done that way and currently don't work on that skin. :(

Baadan 07-28-2002 04:51 AM

heya

hey there Sithr/necro-who's-name-i-cant-remember :P

I haven't even tried the buttons yet lol, thanks for the heads up tho, I guess I'll just use my hotkeys for now and just get used to the big spell box incase it gets fixed.

Baadan 07-28-2002 02:16 PM

I opened up the XML file that I wanted to change...but I couldn't get the cursor to sit in the text so I could delete/change it.

Do I need a special program to edit XML? If so where can I get one?

Quote:
<!-- IS_PRIMARY 13
-->
- <InvSlot item="InvSlot_Prime">
<ScreenID>InvSlot_Prime</ScreenID>
- <!-- <Font>3</Font>
-->
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
- <Location>
<X>58</X>
<Y>158</Y>
</Location>
- <Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>40</CY>
</Size>
<Background>A_InvPrimary</Background>
<EQType>13</EQType>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
- <!-- <TooltipReference/>
-->
</InvSlot>
- <!-- IS_LEGS 18
-->
- <InvSlot item="InvSlot_Legs">
<ScreenID>InvSlot_Legs</ScreenID>
- <!-- <Font>3</Font>
-->
- <Location>
<X>58</X>
<Y>200</Y>
</Location>
- <Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>40</CY>
</Size>
<Background>A_InvLegs</Background>
<EQType>18</EQType>
-->
</InvSlot>
- <InvSlot item="InvSlot_8">
<ScreenID>InvSlot_8</ScreenID>
- <!-- <Font>3</Font>
-->
- <Location>
<X>58</X>
<Y>242</Y>
</Location>
- <Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>40</CY>
</Size>
<Background>A_RecessedBox</Background>
<EQType>29</EQType>
-->
</InvSlot>
This is the relevant (I think) info in the code.

I want Primary, Inventory Slot 1 and 5 to be visible, anyone able to tell me how?

Baadan 07-29-2002 11:58 AM

bump hehe

please help me!!

JMinara 07-29-2002 01:25 PM

Code:
<!-- IS_INV1 22 --> <InvSlot item="InvSlot_1"> <ScreenID>InvSlot_1</ScreenID> <!-- <Font>3</Font>--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>58</X> <Y>200</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </Size> <Background>A_InvLegs</Background> <EQType>22</EQType> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!-- <TooltipReference/>--> </InvSlot> <InvSlot item="InvSlot_5"> <ScreenID>InvSlot_5</ScreenID> <!-- <Font>3</Font>--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>58</X> <Y>242</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </Size> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>26</EQType> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!-- <TooltipReference/>--> </InvSlot>

To install:
1) Remove everything you quoted after <!-- IS_LEGS 18 -->.
2) Replace with the above
3) Change <Pieces>InvSlot_Legs</Pieces> to <Pieces>InvSlot_1</Pieces>
4) Change <Pieces>InvSlot_8</Pieces> to <Pieces>InvSlot_5</Pieces>
5) Save, test :P

Should work. lemme know

Baadan 07-29-2002 03:01 PM

thank ya!

I kinda understand what is going on there but I can't seem to be able to edit the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml file. When I open it it used Internet Explorer but I can't change any of the text, I can copy and paste it, but not cut, delete, backspace, add, whatever text to the file and I don't know why.

Do I need an XML editor or something to make the changes able to happen? With HTML I could just use WordPad or any prog like that, but do I need a special XML one? If yes where from?

Thanks again :)

Garlaen 07-29-2002 03:49 PM

You don't need a specific editor to make your changes. IE just views the XML. You can use notepad, for example, to edit/save XML changes.

Nennayan 07-30-2002 12:28 AM

Until they make a graphical editor, DOS Edit is still the best!

I would say Notepad, but it won't open files of over 100kb and it won't automatically find and replace all instances of a text string. It makes changing the graphics used by any given element much less tedious for me.

guice 07-30-2002 01:09 AM

DOS Edit, Notepage, UltraEdit or even on the high end, XML spy ( I use that ). All will work.

As stated before, IE is only an XML viewer. You can't do anything else with it.

Baadan 07-30-2002 02:35 AM

how do i open it into Notepad? Do i just copy and past the whole file then edit what JMinara said? How do I save it? is it automatically saved as a .XML file?

Nennayan 07-30-2002 06:49 AM

Open notepad and drag the icon of the xml file into the notepad window.

If it's over 100kb, you'll be asked if you want to use wordpad. Click yes.

If you have a better text editor installed, then just open that and drag the icon to it instead.

Some word processor programs will ask you what type of file you're opening, rich text format, plain text, etc. Just hit plain text.

When you're done editing, just hit save, not save as.

Garlaen 07-30-2002 10:22 AM

I actually use EditPad .