EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General authoring help / discussion (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Clipping (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4288)

chai 11-23-2002 05:30 PM

Clipping

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on a completely new style of exp bar, where the full bar only covers 1% xp, while a label displays the whole number. See attachment for a concept image.

The "moving" dot is solved by having several gauges on top of each other, only displaced horizontally.

Now there's one final problem to solve... I need to clip the exp bars. The bars itself are 1000px in size to get higher resolution, but I need to clip it to the first 50px.

I belive it's possible by having the exp bars inside a transparent tab box, automatically clipping what's outside this box.

Is there anyone who can try help design the XML for clipping any content into the first 50px?

Chai

Casanunda 11-23-2002 05:37 PM

So each time the dot reaches the end of the guage, you get another 1%? That's pretty awesome. I hope you can figure it out :(

chai 11-23-2002 05:41 PM

Exactly, for the highlevel players who think 1% takes forever ;)
Might be good to see what mobs giving slightly more exp too.

Chai

chai 11-23-2002 09:03 PM

YES!! I solved it, was the final puzzle to be able to complete this thing :) I took the approach of creating a transparent single page tab box, had to create a new template as well :P

Well, I can't say no to a challenge. Wonder what's more to come :nana:

Arimus 11-24-2002 01:02 AM

That is SO cool ! =) even for younger players... at high lvl's really is nice though. plz post.... would be a very nice add to any mod. especially considering is small size... and I am quite the minimalist.

chai 11-24-2002 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished up writing the XML for this. I had to do some changes and make the exp bar a little bit larger, but it should still be small and trendy enough :p

Attaching a new screenshot of how the final bar looks like. After this post I will upload it as well.

Chai

Casanunda 11-24-2002 11:13 AM

Iz--

Great job, man. I just downloaded the new version, which looks perfect--except for the fact that the "alternative colours", regardless of what their respective folders say, are both blue >.< Probably just a compiling mistake:rolleyes:. Do me a big favor and post the red one somewhere, please :D

*edit* also, in version 1 there was a little gutter for when the target hp bar overlay drained, which looked really cool, but doesn't appear to be in the new version. Put it back in, it looked really nifty!:D

Kaenil Darkwolf 11-24-2002 11:20 AM

Where can I download this? ;)

chai 11-24-2002 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL, I shouldnt be compiling things like this late during night ;)
I attached the red color bar to this message :)

chai 11-24-2002 11:23 AM

To download, click "View Chai's skins" for a link

chai 11-24-2002 11:26 AM

Quote:
*edit* also, in version 1 there was a little gutter for when the target hp bar overlay drained, which looked really cool, but doesn't appear to be in the new version. Put it back in, it looked really nifty!

Really? Dang must have been a glitch that worked out well lol,
if I had a screenshot of this 'coolness' I'm sure I could add it :p

Chai

Casanunda 11-24-2002 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, it's no glitch--it was quite obviously put there on purpose. I attached the original one, with what I'm indicating circled. Actually, I prefer the look of the old one--the redness of it isn't quite so bright as the new one--and i'd suggest you just use that. Thanks ^.^

chai 11-24-2002 11:55 AM

ohh that one! That was indeed a glitch first time I made it ;)
because that area contains a transparent shadow that was supposed to be black. I didnt think someone wanted it ;)

Well could easily copy it from one of the old files :)

Chai

Casanunda 11-24-2002 12:05 PM

Oh, please do, I thought it looked cool, as though the target bar was "etched into" the player hp bar, rather than simply on top of it. It only became visible when the target's health went down, but it was still worth it. I'd do it myself, but i'm not confident in meddling in your own work, since only you know exactly where everything is. Please post here when done, i'd really appreciate it ^>^

Kaenil Darkwolf 11-24-2002 12:22 PM

What do I need to extract for the exp bar? :)