EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML modification help. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Can Chat Windows have no header/chat bar? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5635)

harliquinn 01-15-2003 11:21 AM

Can Chat Windows have no header/chat bar?

I was curious if it's even possible to have a chat window used only for display purposes, by eliminating the title bar and the char input bar at the bottom? I'd like to have a few screens for spell messages and battle spam, but I'd like to streamline them so they have no header or chat bar at the bottom. Is there a way to do this for only certain windows or does the ChatWindow.xml override all windows?

Thanks!

Talyns 01-15-2003 11:36 AM

Whatever you do in EQUI_ChatWindow.xml. It will affect all chat windows..

You can probably get rid of both but I wouldn't remove the chatedit box.. You won't be able to see what you're typing

To remove the titlebar find this:

<Screen item = "ChatWindow">
<RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>95</X>
<Y>280</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>421</CX>
<CY>200</CY>
</Size>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<DrawTemplate>WDT_Def2</DrawTemplate>
<Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar> <----------change to false

to get rid of the chat input you might/should (never tested) be able to change this:
<Pieces>CW_ChatInput</Pieces>
to:
<!--<Pieces>CW_ChatInput</Pieces>-->

Edit2: On second thought! Removing the piece might cause a warning message, error, or even a crash from game. Thats why I don't know if that way will work or not..
The better way of doing it would be: Mess with the <Anchors> for CW_ChatInput and CW_ChatOutput.. doing it this way shouldn't cause any warnings, errors or crashes :)

edit: reworded alittle

shdwphnx 01-15-2003 01:08 PM

Removing the title bar is an easy & safe change, as Talyns explained how in his post.

Since removing the edit box from all chat windows would definately have undesirable effects (might crash things, but even if it did not crash, it would make it virtually impossible to converse with others in game), I strongly recommend against it. However, like you, I also did not want to see that box on every one of my chat windows. What I did to resolve that is position my extra chat windows so that the edit box is actually off the bottom of my screen.
You can check this screenshot I posted in another thread to see exactly what I mean.

Shadowpheonix

harliquinn 01-15-2003 02:01 PM

Thanks for the replies. I figured I couldn't change just one Chat window...but I might be able to get rid of th eheaders, or find a mod with chat windows that are alittle more streamlined.

mooz 01-16-2003 01:52 PM

When i disable the Titlebar on chat windows, how can i move them around then? Cannt find a place to stick the cursor on it :(

Kuririnsama 01-16-2003 02:25 PM

To move the window without a titlebar, you just resize it into position...stretch one side, then shrink it back to size.

~Kuri

Sylphan 01-17-2003 09:16 PM

Check out the file trimmed.zip which I uploaded in miscellaneous. Rather than removing the title bar I just made it smaller, transparent, and moved up a bit so it's out of the way.

The result is that chat windows appear to have no title bar, but can still be moved by click and drag on the top edge.

Cozeth 02-06-2003 02:57 PM

feb 6 patch

Today's patch seems to make impossible to put any window with the bottom off the screen anymore :(

Anyone found a trick ?

Coz.

grottel 02-06-2003 04:35 PM

Scratch around here - someone had previously posted code for a minimalized title area on the chat window. This gave you handle if you wanted to drag it around or right click for options, but it was only 1 or 2 pixels wide so it didn't interfere.

harliquinn 02-07-2003 08:52 AM

For me the issue wasn't the title bar but the 'chat' bar at the bottom (Which I don't need). My goal was to create a simple 'output' window using a chat window (MOst of my other windows are used).