EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML modification help. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Compass Mod ate my Song button (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5850)

loudface 01-22-2003 02:08 AM

My Compass Mod ate my Song button

I just got a compass mod that displayes combinations or + and - above each heading. Since using this mod the Song Buff button in Selector Window has dissappeared. Selector Window still functions as if button was there, even displayes label when curser is over it. How do I get my Song Buff window button back and still keep Compass Mod?

Kuvasie 01-22-2003 03:15 AM

Re: My Compass Mod ate my Song button

Quote:
Originally posted by loudface
My Compass Mod ate my Song button

This has a very interesting mental picture. Thanks

As far as your compass mod and the song button.... I am not sure if there is an easy way. Basically the graphics need to be combined, but I don't know an easy way to tell you how to do that. PM the original maker of the mod and see if you can get it updated.

Kuv

grottel 01-22-2003 10:16 AM

You could also move the custom graphics to its own image file. This will make it more resistant to breaking when SOE decides to reuse their existing code.

Rename the graphic file that contains custom compass graphic to
to compass.tga

Then change the references that identified which graphic file to pull the compass images from (change the file name to compass.tga).

You only want to do this for the graphic elements used to build the compass.

Nanan 01-22-2003 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you are good at cut and paste then Id suggest trying this.

SoE put the songselector buttons in the compass tga because they didnt want to make people download the rather large windowpieces02 file. How about just cut and paste the song buttons into the windowpieces2 from windowpieces4.

Then in the animations file just change the info to say this.

Quote:

<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SongBtnNormal">
<Frames>
<Texture>window_pieces02.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>0</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SongBtnFlyby">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>26</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SongBtnPressed">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>52</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SongBtnPressedFlyby">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>78</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

Cairenn 01-22-2003 02:55 PM

If doing the above, don't forget that you will have to recreate the alpha channel to include the new buttons.

Nanan 01-22-2003 03:04 PM

Ah yea you will have to alter the alpha channle also which isnt all that hard.

grottel 01-22-2003 04:43 PM

While what Nanan suggests would work, it actually presents more problems. SOE is the author of the windowpieces graphics and can (and does) change them at will. So the next time they changed one of these, you're right back here where you started. If the custom image were in its own image file, you would no longer have a knee-jerk reaction if (and when) SOE ever pushed out a changed version of windowpieces.

Nanan 01-23-2003 12:15 AM

My idea in moving the songs buttons to windowspieces2 was baced on the fact that verant doesnt want to make people replace the rather large and jampacked windowspieces 2 file.

loudface 01-23-2003 08:01 PM

Alpha Files?!?!?!

Um.... how can I alter the alpha file? I've already done the rest, and it shows the right graphic in SidlWidl, yet in game the Compass Window is completely blank.

Cairenn 01-23-2003 08:24 PM

Re: Alpha Files?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by loudface
Um.... how can I alter the alpha file? I've already done the rest, and it shows the right graphic in SidlWidl, yet in game the Compass Window is completely blank.

Been there, know the frustration. The Graphics Help forum is great. Try this thread. There is also a really great thread in the Info Vault: http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=458.

Nanan 01-24-2003 03:35 AM

Attach your windows pieces files to this post and ill fix the alpha channle for ya.

Tipop 01-24-2003 05:00 AM

By the way, I don't know about other programs, but Photoshop will automatically make the Alpha Channel for you when you save the .tga image.

Just merge all visible layers (do not use "flatten image", as that will destroy your transparencies) and save the file as a 32-bit TGA. (Remember, 32 bit. That's 24-bit for the color data, and 8 more bits for the alpha transparency.)

Anything that is transparent in your image (in other words, showing the grey-and-white checkerboard background in Photoshop) will be transparent in the game, since Photoshop creates the alpha channel for you based on that transparency.

Cogmatix 01-24-2003 05:59 AM

Windowpieces04 file in question

It's the windowpieces04.tga file from my mod that's the subject of discussion here. I was (obviously) having the same problem getting the song button to appear.

The compass is actually Remelio's.

Cog

loudface 01-24-2003 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, here it is. I have renamed the window_piece4.tga to compass.tga, and altered Animation file to look for compass animation in that file. In the zip file is both the tga file and xml. Thank you for your input and help. This is how far I have gotten with it. Still getting a blank window.