View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nice idea, certainly worth a try. I think I know the answer to your problem though. Whenever I've used child windows I've found that they don't inherit the transparency settings. You might be able to work around it though if you set the transparency within the child windows in advance, and accepting the limited flexibility. Setting the child pieces to 50% transparent (you'll need to edit the original graphics for this though), should still leave them easily visible, and they will at least fade out a bit.

Incidentally, it is possible to edit your text with the other style of chat window. With my default windows, you can press Enter to get into the input bar, and then use shift with the arrow keys to move through the text.

The other option is to edit the XML and place the input window over the top of the output one. This has two side effects though, firstly, clicking on any chat window except the input one will have you entering text over the top of the window, and secondly, you won't be able to click any linked items on the bottom line

If you wanted, you could minimise the effect of that by having the output window on top, and making it overlap about half of the input window. That way, clicking in the lower half of the input area allows you to move the cursor around for editing, clicking in the upper half works for clicking on linked items.

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote