View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 04:22 AM   #90
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It's hard to explain without pictures, but as I haven't the time to create a full write up right now, this will have to do.

The first step is to split your gauge into as many pieces as you want colour changes. In my group window I have three colours, so I have one red gauge that covers 0-30%, an orange one for 31-70%, and a green one for 71-100%.

What I do is this:
- Create your gauge, get it in the right place and at the right size.
- Now create two more identical copies of it, and set their colours.

Now you need to 'resize' the gauges so they only last for their appropriate sections. To do this you need to place the gauges in a screen item, and hide the bits you don't want.

So for the 0-30% gauges:
- Create a screen item with the same location as your gauge, but only 30% of the width. Put your first gauge in here.

For the 31-70% gauge:
- Create a screen item that starts where the previous one ended. Size it to 40% of the width of your gauge.
- Now, put your second gauge in here, but bear in mind that this is going to push the gauge to the right. To make it line up properly, you need to move the gauge left.
ie: If your screen piece has <X>45</X>, the gauge needs <X>-45</X>

And repeat the for the 71-100% gauge.

You should now have what looks like a single gauge made up of three colours. Get this working and I'll explain the next part.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote