Thread: How to
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordail
What about for a UI that needs more work? The Emil UI was long my favorite. It's so nice and minimalist, and while there are a lot of nice UIs out there, none seem to do what his did. Unfortunately I think Emil has left the game and the UI has not been updated since late 2006. I would love to take over updating this UI but I have no earthly idea how to do anything with XML beyond making windows shorter and changing clicky slots. Does anybody have advice?

Here are some links:
This is the last posted UI update from Emil: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4874
Here is a thread that contains some updated files for TBS and such: http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=18250

I appreciate any advice!

My advice is to make a UI folder..

Take out one by one .. EQUI_ file from this ui you like and place it in your new made ui folder. /loadskin.. one by one you will see the issue that breaks the UI. You do not need any EQUI_ files that you dont need in your custom UI folder as the missing files will be read from Default anyway. Seek your information in UIErrors.

Narrow down the break. Looking at the screenshot, the buffwindow probably can be found.. hot button window.. chat windows.. all in the download section of this site. piece it .

This is my advice since you are admitting no knowledge of doing UI's.

Once you narrow down the issue.. you can make a new HELP post on that piece you found breaking the ui. Don't post the first thing you see.. remove the broken piece and load another EQUI_ file you see.. narrow down the issue.

The game has changed.. Animations has changed.. Things won't work like they used to.. A lot of pieces you download from the site now may not even work. You probably won't have the exact UI you want but you can enjoy some of the pieces if you look for them.

Reading the players comments this UI has been broken for years.

post errors.

SmileyFAAce
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote