View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 01:13 AM   #40
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: how about this window?

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1ntheus
Can you make this work with the feedback window?

Yes, the feedback window and bug window have been added as new options for the timer. To toggle these windows, use /f for the feedback window and /bug for the bug window.

Quote:
Originally posted by Amzin
I downloaded the timer, got the xml file (had to use view source, then it worked fine), loaded it up..... but the timer doesn't appear. It simply isn't there, I get no weird UI errors, I've checked the UI file that stores window locations, it should be on screen, and displayed, but it won't show up. I've tried resetting everything to default, but it still wouldn't show up. Anyone else having this problem?

Just a guess here, but it's possible the timer was not installed to the correct location. Make sure you create a new folder under ....EverQuest\uifiles\, for example, ....EverQuest\uifiles\timer, and that the XML and TGA files are both placed in there. Putting them in the folder named "default" will not work, as that folder's contents get overwritten whenever you start the game. See the EQInterface FAQ on installing mods for more info.

Assuming you had the timer installed correctly, make sure the window is toggled on. You've made sure that the window position is on the screen, but it is possible (again just a guess here) that you didn't toggle the window to visible. Some windows will always start up hidden regardless of the "Show" parameter in the .INI file. Check the options panel under "Keyboard" for the relevant hotkeys (except for the help window, which must be toggled with the window selector). Hope this helps.