View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 04:35 AM   #4
jeremyf
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bertoxx
Default Re: Ok, I'm XML Stupid

To be honest you don't need to know anything about XML to be able to change the interface. The most complex part is understanding what you can and can't include. As mentioned already, if you copy the original file from the default directory you can then change it to your requirements. The main thing is to keep an item together ie

<InvSlot item = "InvSlot1">
<ScreenID>InvSlot1</ScreenID>
</InvSlot>

The value inside ScreenID i think is used by the engine and must stay the same. The item name can change but must match with the Pieces decleration in the window definition. It appears certain items are expected on a window. Inside the item definition is a field called EQType. This tells the engine what the item is. For your first attempt try just moving things around using the Location values.

Quote:
Originally posted by external
Alirght, where does one need to go to learn this silly thing we call XML? I am more of a graphics person, but it seems i will have to know a bit about XML in order to get things the way i like them. (IE making each window have a certain border/background) Anyone point me in a good direction?
jeremyf is offline   Reply With Quote