View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 11:02 AM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Having EQType define actions is something I've feedbacked about as well. Buttons REALLY need this functionality so that we can move them to other window. That is very basic. The implementation on their end is there, it's just hard-coded that the IW_DestroyButton child of InventoryWindow will cause the DestroyAction to take place. They'd just need to change it to the Button with EQType 4 causes the DestroyAction to take place.

I'm hoping that eventually they'll give us this because it's a basic notion that will add a large leeway to modding. This and being able to define new windows and add keyboard mapping to open them are the two biggest limitations that I see right now and neither I don't think would be large implementation for them to add since they already do the same behavior in a hard-coded way.

We'll see though. I have no idea of a communication chain to voice our concerns to someone important. I don't have a lot of faith in submitting comments to the Dev Corner since half the time that web page is broken anyways and they never seem on the ball to fix it.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote