Thread: Cleric-Needs UI
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
Theryon
A Ghoul

KryptiK, what resolution you running at?

As a cleric, I find running at anything less that 1280x1024 to be just not enough space. We need the ability to not only cast and have our hotkeys available but we need to know health/pet health (of grp members)/stats/etc at any given time. We need to be able to click our items (BPs, boots, helms, etc). And access to our epic without taking up a hotkey slot.

But I have tried and enjoyed many UI's out there. Ortin's is nice. Drakah's is very good. And there are variants on Drakah's. Sar's UI is also good. Depends if you want a modern theme or a classical tking style.

The best is to relegate an area (I prefer the bottom) to 2-3 windows (one for guild and tells and one for everything else and one for criticals/hits on me/hits I make). Then a specialized player/target/group window(s).

Take a look at Drakah's mixed UI as a start. It has a lot of nice features. Specialized target/player/pet/group windows with clickable inventory/armor/weapon slots and lots of information available. Then you can start customizing as you go as I have ... bits and pieces.

Theryon Stormrune
62nd level Biker Cleric
<Crimson Legacy> officer
E'ci
Theryon is offline   Reply With Quote