View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #3
Heals Data
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Legacy of Ykesha

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparxx
Now I find out that it will be available on CD for the same price.

I'm sure you did read the page you are linking to, right? You know, the page where it says:

"The ship date and price are subject to change and have not been confirmed by the manufacturer."

So, it looks like to me that EB games has assumed that there is going to be a CD version of this expansion, picked a random price (which is more then the pre-order price btw, $18.99 as opposed to $17.99 that I just paid Sony, so not the same price) and picked a random release date. The release date has changed since the first time I visited that EB games page, just this weekend.

Before you randomly threaten lawsuits, perhaps you should understand that the people who run companies are people too. Personally, I think the downloadable expansion billed to my credit card is a great idea, I don't have to do anything to get new content and I'm happy Sony made this decision.

If they do decide to make it available on CD as well, it will because enough of their customer's e-mailed them with concerns similar to yours, that they do not have a credit card and CDs are better for them. That being said, if it does come out on CD, it is because they are doing what the customer's asked for, not trying to screw anyone over. If it does come out on CD, I'm sure the price different will definately be more then $1, because it will cost much more then that to create box and CD art, have boxes printed and cut, the CD media created, shipping, etc.

I assure you that your response to this situation was explosive and you were surely going to get no where with that conversation.

What you should have done and will end up doing is waiting until more then one web site has the product offered at a definate price, or until Sony announces it will be available on CD, to take your stance. If it is officially released on CD for $17.99, then yes, you have reason to be upset.

Until then, you're just that kid from American Pie, getting too excited, too soon.

Heals Data is offline   Reply With Quote