View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

XP's remote Desktop works too I would assume, but you have to make sure it is only accessible from your network. I have four PCs on my home network, and only recently began trying to use remote desktop, especially for something such as this or as an alternative to running back and forthe between my roomie's room and my living room.

Alternatively, if you have a second montior and an AV switch on your PC (and the capability to run two simultaneous desktops) I would assume that would work as well.

Me, I just use EQW for the PC I am editting the files on, and I use the other to look up info or DL/Edit graphics/examples of stuff. I transfer the files between the two using one of those spiffy USB storage devices ("pocket drives" as many call them). Best 100 dollars I ever spent

The reason I split the work that way, in case you are wondering, is because I figure I already have about 15 windows open at any given time on the PC I am editting on, no sense in adding IE windows and downloads into the mix as well.
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote