View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 08:50 AM   #15
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Lothay
It looks beautiful. Stunning. Very nice.

But I don't see it as a very functional or useful thing.

The ALT key already does this, and the problem with adding more graphics to the UI is the impact on video performance.

I love the Vert line of UI mods. But rather than clever for clever's sake, I'd prefer to see it slim down some, become more modular and more informative.

I'd love a way to get the spell names and the button all into a nice, neat compact window that stacks well with others and doesn't have issues with overlap. I'm just not sure how to go about it.

I like the window better without the spell name (essentially the OFF setting). But having the spell names is very useful. Especially if you play multiple characters and need the extra information. I'm rambling a bit, but the essential point is this looks like a purely eye-candy feature, and not very useful or helpful.

I am looking forward to more on the Solaria UI though.

~Lothay

Even though the animation is looping above... this addition would not be like the alt key where its only on when you hold down the on button..

when you click "on" it will be on till you click "off" and vise-versa. this is not just an eye candy feature. it allows you to run a "graphics minimized" version at the click of a button without having to reload a new UI..

and it will be modular. we are working on making all the main boxes (minus chat) the same width so that you can stack them together.. also plans are for a "left" (see image above) and "right" version sooo you can have the gems on the left or right of the names.

thank you for the feedback, we appreciate all the inputs so far.

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]