View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 03:57 AM   #28
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Very nice pics! Heh, its funny to see the naysayers already poking their heads out of the crowd. To each his own, I guess! I for one have high hopes for EQ2.

Oh and about the whole Verant thing, well this quote of Brad McQuaid's (from alt.games.everquest) might clear up some confusion:

"EverQuest began as a project in March of 1996 when Steve Clover and I were hired by John Smedley, then Director of Development, at Sony Interactive Studios America (which is a division or some such of Sony Computer Entertainment America). Over time, the EQ team grew to over 30 people involved with the project. Some time later (the exact date escapes me) SISA changed their branding name to 989 Studios (and 989 Sports). Then, in January of 1999, the PC/online portion of 989 Studios (meaning the entire EQ team as well as everyone else working on PC stuff) spun off into their own company called Verant Interactive, Inc. We then finished up EQ and released it in March 1999. Sony still owns EQ, but we work on it and maintain it."

When I first found out about EQ it was under SISA, so naturally I've always called them Sony.