View Single Post
Old 08-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #76
Spooks
A Treant

I've found a few problems with this UI. It has a lot of transparency issue. If you set the normal level to 0, almost none of the windows are functional. For instance, I don't want the border around my buffs. If I only have 3 buffs up, I have this long border running down my screen. You should be able to remove this by setting transparency to 0. Instead, it deletes the buff icons and all you're left with is the name of the buffs. this happens a lot. If you try to make the player window transparent, it removes the icons for attack, ac, etc, and just leaves the numbers. Same thing with the hotbox window, only to a much large extenct. Trying to make the hotbox window should get rid of the bacground, and leave just the buttons. Instead it removes the entire buttons and just leaves the text.

Also, for the caster UI, it would really be great, if you could stop the box right after the AAXp, since casters don't much care about AC and atk. That's just wasted space.

For the grouping window, remove the invite and disband buttons. THis would free up a lot of space, and I don't know many people who use them anyway. ctrl i and d is so much easier.

Also for the caster mod, add a spellboook to the bottom of the spell icons. That would mean people wouldn't have to use a hotbuttom or type book to open it up.

Here's a graphical example of some of these problems.

But I'm not complaining, just offering a few suggestions. Fantastic mod!