View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #7
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Thanks for help with the spellbook!

I have a spellbook that works now, hallelujah! It is much more compact than the normal spellbook, which I like a lot. I still havent been able to get rid of the tab at the bottom. I dont wanna use Remelio's borderless spellbook mod for tking's spellbooks, because it seems to truncate the bottom of the book graphic. However, I have tried replacing both tkspellbook_05.tga with a blank pic, and editing out the tab from tkspellbook_03.tga and tkspellbook_04.tga and while this appears to work when viewing in SidlWidl, when viewed in-game there is a white "ghost" of the bottom tab on the book. Oh well, for now, its the best I can do. For anyone who is interested, here's the file attached.

Now, another question. I think the reason the Player Window I am linked above that isn't working causes my UI to fail is because the casting gauge is a part of the player window. I noticed on another mod that included the Target information on the player window, it was necessary to replace the Target window with a "dummy" file. Is it necessary to replace the Casting window with a dummy file if the casting gauge is part of the Player window? If so, how? I suspect simply copying the contents of the Target dummy file into the Casting window won't do the trick. This is also an issue because I am trying to make my spell-gems bar, including a spell-book trigger, a part of my hotbuttons window. Again, the UI crashes and resets to the default UI when I try this, and I suspect its because I need to replace the CastSpellWnd with a "dummy" file if that content is going to be a part of Hotbuttons window. But how?

Removing #4 from my list of issues...figured out how to make the hotbuttons look right myself. Had no clue that there were 3 layers on each button until I was able to access and edit the files in SidlWidl. 3 issues to go before I have my ideal UI!!

Rykahna
Attached Files
File Type: zip mini-spellbook with tking graphics.zip (337.1 KB, 9 views)
Rykahna is offline   Reply With Quote