View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
Posterboy
A Fire Beetle

Server: Stromm
Default XML files not compatiable... uierrors

Hello everyone! Here's my dillema. I downloaded only 3 new UI windows..

Player Info
Group
ShortDurationBuff (songs)

I followed the instructions in the FAQ to install it, and all 3 work fine. I did not want to edit any other part of the default UI other than those 3 things.

Everytime that I start EQ and first zone in I get the "Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files. Certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin default 1" to load the Everquest default skin." message.

All the windows physically work fine, I have seen no problems so far. However, my UIErrors.txt fills up with errors each time I play, and I find it tedious to go and empty if every week before it gets too big.

I read the READ ME forum, and read the uierrors.txt very large (10mb - 1gb) slowing EQ [possible solution] post. I could not follow it in relation to my specific problem though.

So here is my UIErrors.txt output right after I zone in for the first time, each time I play EQ. (attached file).

My goal is to not have Everquest write to the UIErrors.txt file, and for my setup to act like a normal skin, even though I just want 3 windows changed, and not an entire UI. If there's a way to trick everquest, or maybe I need to just add lines to some file, or edit a config or something. What ever poses as a solution I am up for.

I appreciate any help you can give me, as I am completely devoid of fixing this technicalities myself. Thank you so very much.
Attached Files
File Type: txt uierrors.txt (19.3 KB, 9 views)
Posterboy is offline   Reply With Quote