Thread: Melee Chat Log
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 06:31 AM   #3
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I had written this long retort, but cleared it and decided to not post it.

Usually when it comes to debating classes with a paladin, there is not changing the paladins mind. Paladins are a stubborn class.

The only part I am going to keep is polite advice:

You know they nerfed monks pretty damn hard to help make plate classes, including paladins, better. It pissed me off pretty good. But did I go around griping and whining about it? No. I started playing another one of my toons. After leveing him up 57 levels I realised how much I missed my monk and appreciated the skills that he does have instead of fretting over the ones he lost. Having so many of my friends in game sending me tells about the monks in their groups and how they rathered it was me helped some too.
Paladins are one of my most respected classes when in a guild group, but also my least favorite to group with in a pick-up group. Why? Becasue the paladins in my guild bust their ass and do amazing things and the paladins in my pick-up groups whine when I pull aggro, whine when the cleric heals at less that 50%, whine about the weather, whine about the way the mob sounds...do you see where I am going?

Intead of investing all that energy into complaing and feeling inferoir, try acting like "the little guy." You know take what you do have and do more with it than you though possible.
What made me such a good monk was not the skills of my class, but the determination of my playing.

Don't take this personally Azrael, but if you really don't think that your class is all that good, then try playing another that is better in your mind. In my mind, a well-played paladin is a powerful and awesome class.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote