Thread: Melee Chat Log
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 10:56 AM   #23
Bremadle
A Gray Wolf

Getting this back on Topic as a warrior pure melee discussion.

Warriors have needed something new for a long while; I don’t think this will be what they were hoping for, as the master of all weapons (read Verant's description pre Sony ownership when most warriors were made). I am sure they hoped for more argo and more dps. I think the excitement, if there is any, over these changes is simply the starvation effect (anything is good when your this hungry) and shocked that they finally are doing something. These changes are not class defining or enhancing in anyway.

Quote:
Absor: *ScootD* How can you acquire the new melee abilities?

Ryan Barker: The new abilities will be acquired by taking a "skill tome" to your guild master and he'll teach you the skill. Most of the basic skills will be available on vendors, while a few high level ones will be drops. Right now we're planning on giving almost all of the sub 60 skills on merchants and having the 60+ skills using a system similar to the parchments quests in Planes of Power. From there on out we'll most likely make use of the same methods that you already use to acquire any other type of item.

Quote:
Absor: *Drewon-FoH* Will there be any new AA skills that are tied to, or create, these new melee abilities?

Ryan Barker: There will AA abilities that will effect the new system yes. We don't have a hard and fast list for it yet though.

They’ve (melee classes) been begging for disc enhancements since Velious. The most defining thing for warriors has been their disc’s (defensive, evasive and to a much lesser extent shield) and now the one thing they could count on is changing. I would very concerned if I was a 300 days plus played 65 warrior with 250+ aa’s that now I need to get more aa’s, find skill tome’s to maintain what I have, then find addition tomes to enhance and acquire the changes that I should have been given 2 years ago, when I first started asking.

Stamina being replaced by endurance... They really need to explain in more detail what this means.

Quote:
Absor: *Adorae* just fix taunt? LOL

John Troy: Saying that taunt is the one and only issue is fairly shortsighted, I think. Pure melee have very few strategic decisions to make, don't get new abilities with an expansion the way casters do, and don't get as much from an item with both hp and mana. These are all issues that people have raised, and this system gives us a way to address them.

Yet why not do it, no changes have yet been announced for simply fixing taunt, wanna define warrior class as the meat shield, the BIG HP guy/gal with weapons skills and without the need to cast a spell FIX TAUNT. This helps every class in a very straight forward way those classes with taunt can now hold argo via the taunt button in direct releationship to thier taunt skill. Sure do the other things you suggest (/yawn) but FIX TAUNT!

There are a lot of questions unanswered, and maybe I'll be totally wrong and this will make the melee world a better place, lets hope so anyway, I am really tired of watching my friends leave the game.

One more point: The bandwagon jumpers and Sony defenders (read Kudane, yes, I know this is your site) actually work against those who actually bring broken issues to the surface, every time someone with a message finally gets their (Sony) attention you come out of the wood work flying the I <3 Sony flag and Sony reads the good press (even their own press), cheers they did a great job, meanwhile the people who did thier best to bring the issue to light and have the most invested (in this case warriors) end up going away and eventually playing froglok wizards or quitting the game.

There is an EQ killer out there I don't have a crystal ball to show what it is or when it will happen but when it does, those who championed Sony's defense will be partially responsible for the demise of EQ by stifleing those who have issues and are doing their best to see them addressed.

If this appears to be a flame its not meant to be its just one more person who is tired of reading the propaganda from Sony and seeing others believe, and replay it like some kind of Amway salesman and then appear to speak for the playing population.

If Sony wants to know how they are doing they need look no further then then thier own new account subscription and account closure database's or OMG actually speak to the players directly.
Bremadle is offline   Reply With Quote