Thread: CopyOF HELP!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 12:21 AM   #14
Nitefang
A Hill Giant

Default Not Sure

I read this thread and think I may be able to shed some light on the trouble - if this is stuff you already know I appologize for repeating it - but since I hate to see ppl upset over something that looks to be a communication problem I thought I'd start from scratch and be very wordy lol.

certain elements MUST stay in certain windows - if you try to move them you get errors like you posted - in your first step, you actually moved the elements from the "parent" window to the new one by dragging them over, that is your mistake right there, you will continue to get errors until you put those elements back where they originally came from -

1. Once they are back in the original window, you can just size them to 0 and they will "dissapear" from view in that window - they are still there, but not viewable - that makes EQ happy and you wont get that error after that.

2. next step is to copy the code for the elements you want in the new window, making sure you are using a unique name for the elements you copy over - <to avoid generating more errors>

in short - dont "move" the elements by dragging them - make copies by using unique names for the elements in the code, some people use thier initials to make them unique, some use "CopyOf" - as long as it has a unique name from the original you wont confuse EQ....

I hope this was helpful in some way - I'm no expert, but I think that should go a long way to fixing the problem.
Nitefang is offline   Reply With Quote