View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #646
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Upcoming fixes

I should have time to work on the UI on Sunday. I will try to get 1024 and 1600 resolutions, lefty and melee working.

I will return a few inventory slots to the bottom of the cast bar, although I don't think there is room for all of them.

I will fix the text labeled stats window.

Quote:
Went to remove an augment from an old item and place it on a new one, when I opened the birdbath there was no place to place the item or augment, there was only 1 large button that said combine on it. I had to change to the default UI to make the exchange, just curious if this was a bug on me or the UI causing this problem.
I am not entirely satisfied with the augment box code. The problem is that, instead of making a new window for augments, they reused the container code adding a few elements used only for augments.

The sticky container code is very fussy. In order to keep the container from accidentally moving, the slots have to be aligned with the stretch templates and an extra panel has to be added to cover the back. If there is even a one pixel error, it is possible to click on a background pixel accidentally, bringing that panel to the front where it covers the slots and buttons. If that happens when you have no drop items in a world container, you are stuck and have to petition to get them back out.

I have tested the new code as thoroughly as I could and I do not think it is possible to get stuck in that fashion. However, these constraints severely limit my ability to arrange the augment window components.

If anyone else is having trouble adding or removing augments, PLEASE let me know about it. A simple solution is to remove or rename the EQUI_Container.xml file and use default containers all around.

Quote:
it loaded up, BUT, now it has all these black edges around it. I tried to do the /timeport 0 0 1280 1024 and it didn't fix it
The command is /viewport, not /timeport, and you can use "/viewport reset" to fill the whole window.

Quote:
That 9th slot on mine, is fine, however the spellbook, beneath it, looks like it is SITTING in a spell gem slot.
Yes, that's what I meant when I said the book button now lives in the tenth gem slot. The gold curly background stuff has a middle element that brackets two spell gem slots. I inserted one more copy of that image in the bar, which added slots nine and ten. Nine is the new spell slot, ten holds the spell book to keep it from looking silly.

I am considering making a separate old style spell bar window with eight slots and buff window with 15 buff slots for characters (like most of mine) that do not have the AAs. If this would interest you, please let me know.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote