View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #68
Tadrazil
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane
With the Merger of all the PvP servers this week, it is pretty obvious that EQ has finally been wounded. Be it WoW or EQ2. Is it a mortal wound??? Only time will tell if they can heal. I for one hope they can.

Yep, i am playing on Luclin and its getting realy lonly out there. I can only hope
SOE will do something about it. And thats in my opinion a high priority point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogur
I believe EQ is in need of some serious server consolidation in order to remain viable...

Me too

I can live with the current PC models very well.
I see that your point is about promises made, Kudane.
But, i personally dont think this will improve the atmosphere and gameplay of EQ very much.
What i liked very much was the update of Lavastorm recently made. Would like to see more of those kind of updates.

I started playing EQ when Kunark came out. And i loved it.
I quited my account cause two friends of mine were playing AC and i wanted to join them. BAD IDEA.
I tried DAoC AO AC2(that was the worst) SWG, then i got a mail cause of 5 Years EQ Birthday i could reactivate my Account HURRAY
After playing all those other games i knew what made EQ so good for me.
Mainly its the people and the atmosphere, and yes you can have atmosphere with graphics that are not state of the art.
Ahh you know it was so much fun exploring a world with no maps no compass (Master your Sense Heading ) and you couldnt see very far when it was night, and most important no radar!!!!
Please never include a radar in any expansion or updatepatch.
And last but not least so many NPCs to talk to.
Ok enough nostalgic feelings.
Please everybody stay with EQ.

Tad

P.S. : Excuse my crappy english, i´m from the old world
Tadrazil is offline   Reply With Quote