View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 03:42 AM   #3
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Good music would be better....

Id have to agree with you on this topic... the music is very 'annoying' and my god the ticking in Ak'anon (its no wonder why there is shadowknights and necro's there.. it drove them insane and made them start raising the dead to end it.. diff topic..) but seriously.. the main reason that I can surmise as to the reason they use midi style music... size. It is a very small file and therefore takes up less space on disc rather than mp3 (as any good 'napster downloader' can agree upon), or wav (eek), or any other format (too many to list individually here). Oh granted there are a few formats which press down the file size to nearly midi size, but those too sound tinny (sp?) let alone cheap sounding. Midi is an all around solution as most (if not all) systems are capable of playing midi formats without any problems, and once again the primary player here is file size. But i do have to agree with you, they seriously need to update the music style or at least the format. Too many locations share the same song too many times... and to paraphrase an old quote "I want my MTV"... (the old MTV that is)... just me 2pence...

/vent off

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote