View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 10:44 PM   #9
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Had some suggestions

1. The new HotButton windows. Would be nice if they could be tabbed. Currently the buttons only work in their own screen item. In other words, you can't have hotbuttons from 1 and 2 in the same screen piece. Only 1 set will function. They have to be in seperate screen pieces currently.

2. Verticle Gage Fill/Left to Right Gage Fill. Been waiting on this for years.

3. An "Always on Top" flag for windows. This would be extremely useful for stacking windows and making use of transparent sections. IE if I want to make window A.. wrap around window B. Crappy illustration INC!

-------------
|A ------- . |
|..|....B...|..|
|..|.........|..|
|...-------...|
------------

I could turn "Always ontop flag" on Window B.. that way when window A is clicked, it won't pop to front and completely block window B.

Alternately a "Do not Pop to front" flag would work better

This is useful for things like hotbuttons/spellgems which can't me moved outside their current window.

4. A "Framer Per Second" counter. Most modern games have this built in. I don't see any reason EQ shouldn't. It would be nice to see how different UI's affect the performance of the game.

5. I don't know if this suggestion belongs here or not, but it has to do with the client and indirectly affects the UI, so I'll thow it in. Ask them if it would be possible to release the percent mana variable to the client. IE.. %t= current target...possibly %e=current mana percent. I don't want to see mana gages for group like eq2. But mana percentage is called upon so often to be reported in raid/group, having that variable could be very useful.

Thanks
Soran
soran is offline   Reply With Quote