Thread: EQPlayers
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Base service is free, if you want spells/skills/rankings then you have to pay. ~$36.00/year / account for the full package iirc.
Magelo subscription is ~$12/year (for a "certified" profile, manually updated is free I think) and allows up to 3 accounts iirc (is subject to downtime following patches.) Rankings via EQRankings.

Alla's ~$30.00 / year and (as far as I can tell) offers all the stuff EQPlayers does plus You can "search for upgrades" once you have your chars data imported. You also get easier access to a very large database of quests which EQPlayers does not provide. (hehe added bonus - 10% off at EBGames and a subscription to Computer Gaming World.)

Both of the above don't have the "first hand" data that SOE has, so some of the info may not be accurate.
Personal opinion - I give Magelo / Alla's money they deliver a product. When bugs are found they fix problems as soon as they can. I give SOE money and they deliver the product. From previous history (EQ/EQ2/SWG) - When bugs are found they will fix the problem as soon as they can provided it doesn't interefere with the release of the next expansion and you are VERY vocal about it.

So, imho, EQPlayers isn't worth the price. I also wouldn't be surprised if it went the way of EQIM.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote