View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 AM   #1
jbmeek
A Fire Beetle

Question A few noobie questions

This will be my first attempt at customizing the EQ UI. I'm hoping someone can answer just a few questions:

1) Is there a tutorial anywhere on this site or others that explains the basics of modifying the UI?

2) If I only want to add one custom window to the default UI, do I only place that one file in my custom UI folder? Or do I need everything from the default UI folder plus my one custom file?

3) If I am adding a window that doesn't exist in the default UI, how do I open and close that window? Or am I limited to replacing an existing window?

4) Is the "EQType" tag the link between the xml element and the actual value shown? I.E. If I make an XP bar, the value displayed there must come from the server. Does the EQType associated with the bar what allows it do show the correct data?

I have done a little work with xml before and having looked at a few of the default xml files and a couple from this website I believe I can figure this out with a little trial and error. If someone can point me in the right direction just a bit it would be an enormous help. Thanks.
jbmeek is offline   Reply With Quote