View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

as for the .tga trouble, i'm pretty sure thats exactly whats happening. when i go to save the file, i think it is merging the black background into the pictures. it doesn't do this with the files that have the 2-toned gray checkerboard background, but it is doing it with the black background. i have no idea how to stop it from doing that, as i use the same procedure to save the file for both backgrounds, and it doesn't ask anything about that. gimp likes to work in layers tho, if i move something from one file to another, it automatically places the new graphic in a seperate "layer" even tho they appear to be in the same place. in order to merge them together, i have to merge the layers, otherwise it will save them seperately and then the info would be inaccessible. honestly the program is driving me nuts, i'm sure there are some ppl that think its great, but with 900 features and no help files available on it to explain anything, i'm having a very hard time figuring out how to do anything with it.