View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #476
Prexis
A Hill Giant

Server: Drinal
Send a message via ICQ to Prexis Send a message via AIM to Prexis

The pearl necklace thing is caused by an outdated equi_animations.xml file. The little graphic you see for an item you are inspecting comes from the dragitem##.tga files. There are currently 59 of them, and about a dozen or so have been added just in the last few months mainly for the LoN & SoF launches. Looks like the ui_animations-default.xml file includes up through dragitem49. I don't use this UI, and not really sure how the file is implemented, but this is from the documentation on it:

Quote:
EQUI_Animations.xml split. One of the design changes I did in v2.2 was to clean up this Animations file. However, there is a bug in Everquest whereby the Buff Windows use a hardcoded template called BlueIconBackground, rather than the template defined in the XML code. Since this template definition resides in the default Animations.xml file, I do not want to include the default Animations.xml file. Having our own mutated copy of this file has been a long standing reason why we break on patch updates. To keep our custom definitions separate from the default definitions, I have made a copy of the default Animations.xml file, placed it in the Quartz folder, and renamed it to Animations-default.xml. The *only* edits to this file should be the disabling of a definition you wish to override in the Animations.xml file. In our case, I *hate* the BlueIconBackground that is defined in the Animations-default. So I renamed it to OrigBlueIconBackground and then inside Animations.xml I defined a nice sexy BlueIconBackground. The idea is that we can periodically pull in the new Animations-default file, make a few minor changes, and we are working again. The correct way to fix this is for Sony to NOT hardcode this value, so we can override it, like they do for all the other windows. I personally think the folks working on a few of these windows are just braindead.
Prexis is offline   Reply With Quote