View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 11:22 PM   #6
Gellenole
A Fire Beetle

Default solutions... or probably solutions

I use to work around hardware and other equipment like monitors and stuff... well ususally 99% of the case is that the monitor isn't the one breaking if it's static that you see... look if you're monitor is near another FCC compliant device, such as a TV or radio or any thing that emits a Radio, Magnetic, or Microwave Field (even speakers if not shielded). Pull your monitor away from those spots and see if it's still has static.

Another would be that your computer is causing the problem... CPU Units/HD's/CDROMs/even your LED's emit some sort of microwave into the atmosphere around you... that can be causing it, though if those do... you got a shotty monitor ^^;;.

One last solution is to complain that it's defective and get a new model, because the monitor dying in under a year or just over 1 year is really a crappy monitor. I would never buy monitors I didn't read reviews on and not know the specs or have a reputable name. Usually companies with reputable names will not bother with BSing you out of the warrenty and just replace your monitor at no cost.

Anyway, that's my solution... I would instruct you how to fix it internally, but I'm afraid of a law suit if you electrocute yourself =P. Monitors can kill a person tampering with it even after 2 weeks of it unplugged.
Gellenole is offline   Reply With Quote