View Single Post
Old 09-21-2002, 09:40 PM   #11
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

ok.... umm...... /rant on

I personally HATE those stupid pet window buttons. why? Because I use macros. I like having witty little sayings, some sort of emote & animation, etc. Those buttons were a rather lame attempt by Verant to do something that they could have done much better.

That being said - what else would I use hot buttons for? I use ALT + <number> for spells, and hotbuttons for locate, kick, and pet commands. there's like 100 slots for buttons (10x10) as it is.

I won't put those stupid buttons in a mod I make, unless there's some substantial improvements done in making them more flexable. I use the keyboard to operate my buttons, and those pet command ones require the mouse, which slows me down (I only use the mouse for looking, occasionally moving, and maybe to click an invite/decline button - when I don't use the keyboard command - for a group, I don't use it for spell gems or hotbuttons or anything else where I have gottn used to the keyboard commands)

Plus, I had numerous requests back when the UI first was released, by Beastlords. Mages, Necromancers, and Shamen (you know, the classes who use pets) to make a pet window that didn't have those buttons cluttering the screen. I don't mean one or two requests. I mean my inbox was overflowing daily with e-mails requesting such a mod. Guess I'm not the only one who didn't like the buttons.

/rant off
------

Still getting textures for the other mods. Haven't been doing much the last couple days, but the weekends are the hardest time for me to break away to work on this stuff. Cutting the pictures of the different races/genders is currently top priority, then to get the window backgrounds & edges textures gathered. After that it's just a game of swapping one graphic for another (and a little redrawing of the inventory). Then the other versions will be available.

Magelo
Guild Website