View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 11:44 PM   #10
madcat2k1
A Gray Wolf

Pretty skeptical about what?

If you think I'm just BS'ing tell me now. I enjoy proving people wrong and I also have some updates.

The current version is Test Alpha 2.0 and currently there are a few things that are in it (The base of the project, that is).

There currently covers 20 of the most popular maps 10 being cities. Also the only way you can update this is by turning logging on and hitting a hotkey that does /loc which targets the crosshair on the actual location. While this map not be cool it is all that can be done in such little time.

Still working on translating game sizes between pixel sizes and should have an update pretty soon. Who knows, I may release a debug version on xmas day if you're all good guys and girls and haven't made santa angry

The crosshair is a Green/Lime color and I have made some modifications to some of the maps.

Alot of people have said that they have a binder with all the maps in it, hell I do, but are you trying to tell me by opening the binder, finding the page and calculating your exact location can beat something that does it in under 5 seconds?

Well I have gotten a few emails from people saying this is impossible to do and I'll be glad when I release a version for everyone to use and send off bug findings to me.

[email protected] if you have any comments or questions. Let's just say this- I'm not going to hold any strings here. If it's not released before the new year then you know I'm full of BS and can flame my name or email me with whatver insults you have.

I know it works, I have worked on it and seen it in action with my own eyes. My friend Steve has helped alot, also looking at it in action. It works as planned so far. I am, however looked for a couple of artists to help with a GUI. Anyone with excellent photoshop skills and willing to help out on a GUI and even a website will get access to this sooner then others and be able to join as part of the development team (Just 2 so far). If you have any ideas send along an email (make sure it's possible to do, not impossible) and if I use the idea i'll be sure to add you to the credits/team.

Want screenshots? Sure thing give me a couple of days at the most and they'll be here. I may do this on the actual day I release it just to get people excited.

Thanks for reading and keep the feedback coming. So far it replaces most of the help screen.
madcat2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote