View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 07:55 AM   #182
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Soleanla
Ok, so I put the Timer in my Gems window, as I never play it. However, having the timer up, renders me unable to move, as the game thinks I am playing gems! Any ideas on how to solve this dilemma?

Soleanla - as Amitan points out in one of the posts above, there is a note on the timer page indicating a workaround for this (close and re-open the gems window). Unfortunately, this behavior is a "feature" of the gems window that only Sony can modify. As long you close the gems window (via ESC or context menu) one time after the first time the gems window is opened, you can re-open it afterward and still move around as usual.

Quote:
Originally posted by Amitan
Is it possible to merge lets say music window with the timer?
Using a custom music window and wanted to merge those windows. Know its gonna be alot of editing but could it be done?

Amitan - yes, this can be done. The file would need to be manually modified to include all the <Pieces> from both your custom music window and the timer. Once the XML elements for all the pieces are included, you'll need to tweak the <Location> of each piece to arrange them as desired within the window (which would most likely need to be made larger to accomodate everything).

Quote:
Originally posted by rouge
I must be doing something wrong.... I created 3 custom timers, then put them in the UI directory that I currently use.

I then loaded the skin, and hit Alt F, and sure enough, there were the timers. But I can't figure out how to use them. They are grey, with nothing in the slider. If I move the slider marker, the timer still says 0:00:00, and no moving slider bar appears. If I hit the left and right arrows, I can see the colours on the arrows when I press them, and the slider marker moves around, but the timer still stays at 0:00:00 and no bar appears.

What am I missing?

rouge - it sounds like you've created timers with zero duration (the text on each timer is a static label indicating the duration of the timer). For the timer bar to appear, you must specify a non-zero duration for each timer. The duration you choose should be the length of the event you want to time. The bar runs in a continuously looping animation; when you want to begin timing, you simply move the slider to point to the bar's current position. The bar will keep moving and reach the slider's position again when exactly one full duration of the timer has elapsed. Here are some usage examples from the FAQ:
Quote:
Let's say that you want to time an ability like mend, which is available every 6 minutes. So you would create a timer with a 6-minute duration. Whenever you use mend, move the slider to the current position of the bar. It will take the bar exactly 6 minutes to reach the slider again. Or if you want to time a buff like Spirit of Wolf, which lasts 36 minutes, you would make a 36-minute timer. Whenever you cast Spirit of Wolf, move the slider to the current position of the bar. As the bar approaches the slider again, you'll know when the buff is about to wear off.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote