View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 10:04 PM   #188
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Love the timers

Quote:
Originally posted by ztrevelyan
Got a question. Is it impossible or very difficult to code a stopwatch type timer? Something with start and stop buttons?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiena
Aye, I agree with ztrevelyan on the start and stop buttons!! Just downloaded these timers not to long ago and was thinking if they were more like stopwatch timers they would be PERFECT!!

Unfortunately, due to the limitations of UI mods, this isn't possible to do. Player-made UI mods can pretty much only alter the appearance of the UI. New functionality can only be added by Sony. For a more detailed explanation, please read my post on this subject: Impossible Enhancements. Hopefully that post will answer most of your questions.

Quote:
Originally posted by ztrevelyan
I ask because with the timer I am using, when I want to restart it at 0, I have to reload the entire UI, some people that may take a little while (depending on machine) in my case, after the reload, I am already about 15 seconds (or so) in the timer. There is also no way to stop the timer once I am done timeing something.

Instead of reloading the UI, I would recommend that you use the sliders found on the bar timers. The sliders were added so you never need to reload the UI. Even though slider timers are the easiest to use for fixed-duration events (such as buffs/debuffs and abilities) where the duration of the timer matches the duration of the event exactly, they can also be used to time variable-duration events by creating timers with round-number durations (like 30 minutes or 60 minutes). For example, with a 30-minute timer, each small notch represents one minute, and each large notch represents 5 minutes.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote