View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 PM   #31
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Starshelle
I was just curious if there were any plans to incoperate some of those skins with your new design, or would that depend on your users submitting them like last time?

I suspect it might be harder to add custom skins for these new ones because there are so many different customizations with the size and shape that you can do. The old ones were easier because the size and shape were pretty much set.

Like before, alternative skins would have to be submitted by other users, and I would encourage anyone to do so. I might eventually add some additional skins of my own if I come up with any good ones. One issue with skinning the new timers is that the borders are very thin now (one of the goals of the design was to conserve as much space as possible), so there's a lot less room to work with than before.

You're also right in that there would be some extra work involved in making a skin that would work with all the different sizes and shapes that the new timers can be. Most of it involves making sure that the design tiles seamlessly at the right intervals; also, both a horizontal and a vertical version of the skin must be provided. After I'm done with revamping and moving the old content to the new site, I'll put up a page with details on the requirements for making a skin that will work with all configurations.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote