View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey if you want to see a way to make the buff window in a different way, check out the buff window that is in my upload of Egras, now they do go right to left, but they are easly set to go from left to right or hell any other way you could want. Each part (blank button, BW button, and BW Label) are all seperate elements in one file, Code snippet at bottem (Blank is the numerical shown in the buff bar when it is not in use, Lable is the Text shown for each buff when it is in use, and BW Button is the area with the Blue background and spell Icon.)

Egras set his buff window to have the 3 parts, the Default UI does not have this stuff so thats why Im suggesting taking a look at my buff window since you said you were thinking of something like this. No idea how he came up with it but it works lol, there may be an easyer way to do this though.

Doing the 3 element thing you could set the buffs to be in any location, in any order that you could imagine i assume. So I think your L shape idea is very possible with this approach.

First is blank buff (it has 0 through 24) each one shows a <Text> as 1 through 24. If i was to set this <location> as the <location> that 24 is shown in, and put 24 as the location of 0 it would partially fix everything to be sent to a left to right order.

Second is BW Label. This is the second thing that has a <location> that would be changed. This is again set 0 through 24, So set 0 to location of 24, and 24 to location of 0

Third item is BW Button. This would be the third and last thing, again it has <locations> to be changed. Basically you can change the decal size to be large or small (decals are the blue background buff icons) then change the locations to be anywhere you want, Egras had them stacked 3 tall each row, but im going to be making a add on of this buff window, but change it so they are all smaller and buff names are displayed below the buff. Again has 0 through 24, So set 0 to location of 24, and 24 to location of 0.

Hope this helps
Seri~

Blank Buff
Code:
<Button item="Blank_Buff_0"> <ScreenID>A_ScreenID</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>695</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>100</CX> <CY>24</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Text>1</Text> <TextColor> <R>185</R> <G>175</G> <B>125</B> <Alpha>255</Alpha> </TextColor> <ButtonDrawTemplate /> <Font>3</Font> </Button>

BW Label
Code:
<Label item="BW_Buff0_Label"> <ScreenID>BW_Buff0_Label</ScreenID> <Font>1</Font> <Text>Katta's Song of Sword Danging</Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <Size> <CX>70</CX> <CY>23</CY> </Size> <AlignCenter>true</AlignCenter> <TopAnchorToTop>False</TopAnchorToTop> <EQType>500</EQType> <Location> <X>729</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> </Label>

BW Button
Code:
<Button item="BW_Buff0_Button"> <ScreenID>Buff0</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>695</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>100</CX> <CY>24</CY> </Size> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <!--<TooltipReference/> --> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/> --> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>BlueIconBackground</Normal> <NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal> </ButtonDrawTemplate> <!-- <SoundPressed/> <SoundUp/> <SoundFlyby/> --> <DecalOffset> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>20</CX> <CY>20</CY> </DecalSize> </Button>

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote