Thread: Durty Delt
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Default Client Crashes

I've been experiencing zone-specific client crashes when zoning to bind out of hover mode. Mansion is particularly brutal, as is Solteris. I have had discussion with several others experiencing similar patterns. The common element across multiple different UIs is the use of exposed internal bag slots. Editing the UI to remove the internal bag slots has completly eliminated the crashing pattern for nearly everyone in the discussion group.

Any similar experiences, Darkmourn?

I love the internal bag views and it pains me to give them up, but it has indeed alleviated the client crashing.

I have also noticed that when naked, the UI regularly retains a "memory" of what used to be in those internal slots. Meaning, I usually carry a bag of x-items which display. I died. Now, I naked. I have no bags on me. I flip the view using the little 1/2 button and the item icons are still visible there within the UI even though those items are not actually in my inventory, now.

I make the wild assumption the client crash has something to do with that 'memory'. Wild Speculation on my part
Tobynn is offline   Reply With Quote