Thread: D3PDA UI Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 06:41 AM   #26
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well tried a different oil I have around after verifying with the MSDS it wouldn't harm my keyboard at all, one of the compressor oils I have around which really is just mineral oil with a plastic-safe surfactant.

Took some more shots at the spell window and starting to develop an understanding of the layout stuff. Currently I have it in a state where it can squish the last gem to 0 height to visibly remove it and resize the window automatically. However it only works for the last element.

This is what I have now.

Spell0 (the template in my generator):
Code:
<LayoutVertical item="CSPW_Spell0Layout"> <ResizeHorizontal>true</ResizeHorizontal> <ResizeVertical>true</ResizeVertical> </LayoutVertical> <Screen item="Spell0"> <Layout>CSPW_Spell0Layout</Layout> <Size> <CX>177</CX> <CY>29</CY> </Size> <Pieces>CSPW_Spell0</Pieces> <Pieces>Spell0LabelDisplay</Pieces> </Screen>

Also added UseInLayoutVertical and Horizontal to false in the Spell0LabelDisplay LayoutBox.

The scene graph for this (the actual window part):
Code:
<LayoutVertical item="CSW_LayoutV"> <ResizeHorizontal>true</ResizeHorizontal> <ResizeVertical>true</ResizeVertical> </LayoutVertical> <Screen item="CSPW_VerticalOrientationTemplate"> <ScreenID>CSPW_VerticalOrientationTemplate</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>29</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>18</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>0</RightAnchorOffset> <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <MinHSize>198</MinHSize> <MaxHSize>198</MaxHSize> <MinVSize>261</MinVSize> <MaxVSize>435</MaxVSize> <UseInLayoutVertical>false</UseInLayoutVertical> <UseInLayoutHorizontal>false</UseInLayoutHorizontal> </Screen> <TileLayoutBox item="CSPW_SpellGemLayout"> <ScreenID>CSPW_SpellGemLayout</ScreenID> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Style_TransparentControl>true</Style_TransparentControl> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Spacing>0</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>0</SecondarySpacing> <Pieces>Screen:Spell1</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell2</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell3</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell4</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell5</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell6</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell7</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell8</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell9</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell10</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell11</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell12</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:Spell13</Pieces> </TileLayoutBox> <Screen item="CastSpellWnd"> <TooltipReference>Allows you to cast your memorized spells</TooltipReference> <DrawTemplate>WDT_IWnd_Outer</DrawTemplate> <Layout>CSW_LayoutV</Layout> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar> <Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox> <Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox> <Style_ClientMovable>true</Style_ClientMovable> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>435</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>198</CX> <CY>435</CY> </Size> <!-- CY = (1 + gem_count) * 29 8 gems = 261 9 gems = 290 10 gems = 319 11 gems = 348 12 gems = 377 13 gems = 406 14 gems = 435 --> <Pieces>LayoutBox:IWnd_Template_Inner</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:CSPW_SpellGemLayout</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:CSPW_VerticalOrientationTemplate</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:CSPW_VerticalOrientationBook</Pieces> </Screen>

It's basically adapting the default UI's way of doing things. Seems like a weird indirect way of sizing the screen element from another screen element in order to squish yet another screen element. I'm all for using a cheap hack to get things running but this one gave me a genuine out loud WTF moment when I realized what they were doing.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote