View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 08:03 PM   #32
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Call me stupid, call me in-experienced, call me what you will, but I am still having trouble figureing out exactly how to make graphics from scratch for EQ.

I can, with some frustration as I am more skilled with pen and ink than with a mouse, create the graphics I want to use. What I can't seem to do is set the transparency...or alpha channel as it seems to be referred to here.

I am referring to all the black surrounding everything. When I do the graphics, they end up being encased in a black border or such.

The programs I have are MGI PhotoSuite III(sucks, the graphics are transparent and the black shows up in that one), PhotoShop 5, and PaintShopPro 7.

How do I set the alphachannel in these with the Targa format? exactly? I can't even see where I can do that in photoshop, but I might be missing something.

This is the biggest thing holding back my re-skinning of the UI. the xml part I have down for the most part, it's the graphics that are frustrating me.

Thanks for the help in advance

Kiriani
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote