View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Whukes
A Bat

Default How to make your **** never break

After my UI broke about 15 times in a row (damn patches) i decided to think of a way to make my UI UNBREAKABLE.

First, Instead of copying the entire default folder over to the new UI's folder your going to use, dont do that. Just copy the files that your UI uses into your UI's folder. That way if your missing a window, it pulls it from default.

Second, There is a file in your default and your UI's directory called EQUI.xml. This file conatins all the <INCLUDE> thingies for all the windows. So what you do is you copy all the includes from the default folder, and paste them into your EQUI.xml file for your UI. Now you want to make sure u have NO DUPLICATES OR YOUR UI WILL NOT LOAD! If you use some custom <INCLUDES> (i know quartz uses EQUI_Quartz.xml) then make sure to include those as well. The way i do it is i keep all the default **** on the top part of the EQUI and all the custom stuff on the bottom. That way i can easily write over the entire top half.

If you follow those steps your UI should never break. And SoE decides to add more windows just add the includes to your EQUI.xml file. Very easy and simple. Hopefully this will help some people who get tired of having their **** break.