View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin
Default BlueFantasy UI v. 1.1 released

Sorry it took so long- finally bug-free, tested on 3 different computers, with and without PoP.

BlueFantasy is an attempt to give a strong fantasy feel to Everquest by replacing the modern-feeling new UI with a more elaborately decorative and roleplay-appropriate set of graphics. It is also designed to maintain and improve upon the functionality of the new UI, and to provide all possible 'bells and whistles'.

It's strongly geared to casters, especially those who use pets at least from time to time, but there's no reason you can't replace the pet window and remove the spellbar if you're a melee class. Upcoming releases will include a druid/ranger specific version and a melee version- but there's no reason any class wouldn't be able to use this UI right now.

Credits:
buff window by Cairenn, loc wizard by Atheenah, blue compass by Sylverpaw, gauges by Mynlaeni, spell icons, gem icons, and spellbook by t.king with modifications by Remelio. Group window is by Cairenn for KaoUI with some of my own modifications; inventory by t.king, shrunk by me. All other windows by me and/or Sony.

BlueFantasy is designed to run in 1280x1024; it won't fit in anything smaller, as the hotbutton window is 1280 pixels wide to accomodate your hotbuttons, clickies, general inventory slots, xp and aaxp bars, and your target. You should set your viewport to 0 0 1280 761. (this should reduce lag for those who can't run at high resolutions- and the windows look best opaque anyway, so you wouldn't be able to see what's behind them even if you didn't /viewport)

Here's a screenshot; I'm uploading it to the downloads section, will link to it once it's approved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluefantasy.jpg (494.9 KB, 4101 views)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien