Thread: D3PDA UI Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 02:26 AM   #13
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Welp putting it down for tonight, just breaking it in circles at this point.

Was focusing on the spell window for establishing a working theory of operation. The gems need to be pushed 18 pixels to the right to uncover the drag handles at the top-left and bottom-left corners of the window. Otherwise players will not be able to move the window at all. Once it's moved 18 pixels to the right it needs to auto-size when gems are not available, this one I kind of have a vague idea how to accomplish but so far each attempt just yields an empty element that is 29 pixels tall (the height of a gem's row).

One thing I suspect might work but didn't test yet. The way I do the outlines is to drop 10 labels into a LayoutBox, 9 for the black outline and 1 for the white text. Instead of putting the label's ScreenID in the Label element, I put it in the LayoutBox element. As a result if no spell is memmed, those labels dynamically get removed from the UI by the game, and added back in when a spell is memmed. Not all ScreenIDs behave like this though so that'st he ultimate limit of this technique. I may be able to utilize it to make the layout strategy ignore the non-present gems by means of, their labels will be removed. Really depends if the layout strategy is truly dynamic or requires /loadskin to recalculate.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote