View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:49 PM   #14
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobin Itharel
Why do I bring this up... My sister does art works and have found her whole web site design "borrowed" by a number of people and even sites that sell items that she sells in her store.

Copyright is just that, a RIGHT... Fair use is one thing and the mods here do provide function and look and feel that people like in other games. But, this MUST be balanced with "fair use" and that means if the it belongs to someone else or a company then you need to follow the rules.

Tobin,

here is what EQI, and EQGUI is using for its rule of thumb on this..

1. If Blizzard, Interplay, or any other company contacts us about something they see here then we will look into it further

2. As long as no one is trying to charge for "WC3 Icons" or "ID2 Icons" there is really no benifit to big companies to complain much, its free advertising..

3. We ask everyone to credit artwork that is not orginal by them. This falls under rull 1, that if we find out that someone is using these images and did not give credit, again we will look into it further..

Please do not start a debate over copywrite laws, Its not good for the board and useless for the purposes of this thread. If someone releases a nice set of Icewind Dale Icons, I am all for it.. its creative and could look very good.

Thanks for your concern...

be safe!

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote