View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #1
Taleisin

Default Running Custom Patcher Skins

many people are having trouble with trying to get the custom patcher skins working, the errors they appear to be having a due to not reading the readme, so I will write a detailed ( as best I can ) workthrough here.

Stage1, make a complete copy of the default folder found inside C:\program files\everquest\skins, for this workthrough I will call the file "XXXX"

Stage2, unzip your selected custom skin and rename it main-bg.png

Stage3, place the main-bg.png inside C:\program files\everquest\skins\XXXX\images, this will overwrite the default one.

3a the XML file inside your custom folder MUST match the name of your custom folder exactly. so if the folder is called XXXX the XML must be named XXXX not xxxx nor Xxxx. Spaces are also not allowed, the game just wasn't programed to read spaces in folder or file names.

Stage4, exit out of your custom folder and the skins folder you should now be in C:\program files\everquest.

4a locate a file called eqp_config.xml

4b open that file in a text editor, notepad will do fine. DO NOT USE DREAMWEAVER

4c add the line <skin>XXXX</skin> inbetween the lines <EQPatchConfig> and <textures> ( note, this is the only place it will work, you cannot place the line anywhere else in eqp_config.xml )
you should have this now
<EQPatchConfig>
<skin>XXXX</skin>
<textures>

Stage5, save and exit the eqp_config.xml

Stage6, run patcher/enjoy

*note, the custom skin folder cannot contain "-" "_" "+" "=" "()" "[]" in other words letters only, also you cannot have a space in the folder name, the game does not understand spaces.

SPECIAL RULES FOR THE XYM PATCHER INSTALLATION

Stage1, make a complete copy of the default folder found inside X:%program files%\everquest\skins, for this workthrough I will call the file "xym"

Stage2, unzip the Images Zip into this folder *refering to the folder called "Images" found inside the "xym" folder*

Stage3, the XML file inside the xym folder MUST match the name of your custom folder exactly. so if the folder is called xym the XML must be named xym not XYM nor Xym. Spaces are also not allowed, the game just wasn't programed to read spaces in folder or file names.

Stage4, exit out of your custom folder and the skins folder you should now be in C:\program files\everquest.

4a locate a file called eqp_config.xml

4b open that file in a text editor, notepad will do fine. DO NOT USE DREAMWEAVER

4c add the line <skin>xym</skin> inbetween the lines <EQPatchConfig> and <textures> ( note, this is the only place it will work, you cannot place the line anywhere else in eqp_config.xml )
you should have this now
<EQPatchConfig>
<skin>xym</skin>
<textures>

Stage5, save and exit the eqp_config.xml

Stage6, run patcher/enjoy