Thread: D3PDA UI Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #44
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
I did a file compare of the live vs the test extended target window and it said they are identical Did I miss something or are all these changes somehow buried behind the scenes ?

They didn't add any new code elements to support the new functionality (- Your current target should now be highlighted with an outline of their consider color in the Extended Target Window. is the pertinent line in the patch notes). They should have.

You can't move or re-size any of the pre-existing elements in the window or the new feature goes absolutely bonkers with graphical issues like:

Moving or re-sizing various elements gets you different graphical issues for every single kind of change one could make.

You can't even do a simple change like removing the titlebar without causing issues. See the white line in the below screenshot? Again, it's supposed to be a nice square outline, and yet it's not even in the window with the titlebar removed, and the window shrunk.

They either released an unfinished product or one designed for the upcoming new UI engine that we could be seeing in a matter of months or years. It's incredibly disheartening to see this happen. It's the first time I recall seeing anything like this.

These new extended target outlines are quite literally the only piece of the UI that doesn't have client-side elements. They're completely ignoring the requirements of SIDL - which they developed.

I hope the UI community can get some answers on whether this sort of thing is intended and will continue going forward, or is just a major oops and will be fixed. If they push it live, it'll be a large headache for all of us authors.

Edit: Apparently it is intentional. I'm glad clarification was given, though it's still somewhat unfortunate. Many of the layouts people used to use may have to be adjusted, but at least we know what's going on.

According to Meeko, for the highlight, the bottom and left lines are determined by the left and bottom edge of the ETW_AggroPct element, and the top and right lines are determined by the top and right edge of the ETW_Gauge (the HP gauge).
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote