View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 04:13 PM   #28
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Ok, first off, the charm slot is hooked up to nothing right now, and having been on the test server, theres more buttons that go in the inventory window, group window, selector window, and more files in the animations file to gett hem to work.
So makeing a bunch of changes to the inventory window right now and re-releasing each one is pointless at the moment. What I did do is make one that works on the test server, and just waiting for kudane to get me some TGA's to work with them, then well be set.

When we have a lot of partial patches going in for one big patch over the course of time, it always better to wait for ALL the changes to present them selves other wise we are tripleing our workload.

We always appreciate people helping make their versions of windows, but Kudane has a point, if you want to help were more then happy for it, but having multiple versions of a file out there, all of which will be obsolete in a week just makes people who download them frustrated.

Vert left the UI in my hands when he left, and I have never failed to come up with an update the same day a patch has broke soemthing. Kudane has joined me in this effort, and theres always room for more, but we need to have it be an organized effort so as not to confuse people.

Back for pop, a person released a patch he made which to this day people email me complaining this or that doesn't work thinking I made it. It's just easier for things like these to have communication and direction.

On a side note, the vert compass was always 45deg off, thats why we changed it temporarily to the old style compass, untill we had the time to fix it. Also Kudane and I are working to update many of verts features, and have just abotu finished a new UI Called Solaria, we've rescently started discussing just including some of our changes to vert and renaming it.

Kudane and I have put alot of effort into Making Vert what it is, and were not trying to stop people from making changes, we just want uniformity, and people to understand were updating it, and if something isn't relaeased right away like the charm slot the reason is that theres more coming in, and the slot doesn't work as of yet. I just have never liked releasing an update 4 times in the same month.

-Sokol
Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote