View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #44
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

well, my boyfriend is a programmer, and he suggested having the mod command operator. breif description for those that don't know -
17 mod 3 = 2
because
17 / 3 = 5 remainder 2

the mod command gives the remainder for a division problem that is solved in integers rather than in decimals. i assume division in this program would be performed in integers, as i don't believe that you can put something halfway through a pixel.

his suggestion for how it could be used involved window sizing and placement - say you have a certain number of window you want to place along the bottom of your screen. you want them to take up an equal amount of horizontal space, so that people can stack them vertically and have them line up if they want. you take the horizontal screen resolution and divide it by the number of pieces to get the number of pixels wide each window should be.
however, then you think of some skinny window you'd like to place in the extra space (because it's increadibly unlikely that it will be exactly even). use the mod command with the same numbers to find out how much room you have left to put the skinny window in (such as a vertical potion window, or a mod of an unused window that just lists stats). then you could simply take 1 or 2 pixels from each of the other windows if you decided you needed a little more room.

don't know how useful it would be, but if it's not complicated, you could include it. i understand that in programming, the symbol generally used for mod is %.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote