Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 02:09 PM   #8
Akephalos
A Ghoul

Closer to reality, you have the game code, that has all this information that goes to the client. The client takes that information and displays it in a manner that you tell it to. The hard-code of the game does not determine the "child" parameters in the xml. It is the xml programming itself that determines that.

What this means, to the average folk, is that there *should* be some way to take the information, in entirety, out of one window, choose not to load that window, and add it into another window elsewhere. You are not loosing any information, you are simply moving where something is loaded.

Case and point on this front, is the fact that I can disable the target window, the breath window, and the cast time window completely from ever loading in the UI. So, yes, it does work.

The problem comes in when you have a "child" in that window. There is something, somewhere in the xml programming (perhaps a file that we cant see, maybe cant even edit : Im guessing that this would be located in the more embedded SUITE code) that sets this child, in this window. As a programmer, we should be able to locate that file, and change the "path", so to speak, of that "child" and point it to the new window in which we would like it to be displayed.

To further display my point, I have included a graphic of what I have done, and been able to do thus far. It is not done, nor fully functional, but I am working on that.

This is a graphic of several windows being combined. Aside from a completely blank window in the UI, where all this information used to reside, what you are saying is that I can not have done this.
Akephalos is offline   Reply With Quote